Review: Fenty Beauty
It's finally here. Rihanna had the makeup world on its toes awaiting the release of her line, Fenty Beauty. The collection features a primer, foundation, highlight, contours, cream sticks, and much more. The launch parties have been grand and the reviews on the actual product have been stellar. I've been testing the product out for about a week now to see how the products really held up.
Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation - $34
- Packaging 4/5 - The packaging is gorgeous. It's a frosted glass bottle with a pump dispenser. I am a firm believer that all liquid foundations need to have a pump dispenser. My only complaint is the pump and cap are white, that will be hard to keep clean.
- Ease of Use 5/5 - I dot the foundation all over my face and blend out with a big, dense foundation brush. The product moves easily and doesn't get stuck in drier areas.
- Performance 5/5 - I have very oily skin, so this dry formula works perfectly. I love that it's a soft matte so my face doesn't look overly powdery.
- Longevity 5/5 - This foundation actually lasts 12 hours. It's insane. I went out dancing for my boyfriend's birthday and halfway through the night, pictures were being taken and my makeup was still there and matte as ever.
Final Grade: 95% - A
Would I repurchase? Yes.
Killawatt Highlighter - Trophy Wife, $34
- Packaging 4/5 - The case is following the theme of the foundation, minimalism. The pure white octagon shaped packaging is gorgeous, but will definitely be hard to keep clean.
- Ease of Use 4/5 - The formula is a cream powder hybrid so I think it's easy to over apply, but this blends out like a dream.
- Performance 5/5 - I'm only speaking from my experience with Trophy Wife... this is a highlight. It's high shine that can be used in multiple places from eyelids to décolleté.
- Longevity 5/5 - This also stayed on my cheekbones during the same night that I was testing the longevity of the foundation.
Final Grade: 90% - A
Would I repurchase? Yes, also want more colors.
Gloss Bomb Universal Lip Luminzer - Fenty Glow, $18
- Packaging 5/5 - Minimal, but sleek. Easy to keep clean.
- Ease of Use 5/5 - The applicator is a large doe foot and applies with ease.
- Performance 5/5 - I love this gloss. It delivers high shine while also smelling delicious and feeling light on the lips. The perfect gloss for every day.
- Longevity 4/5 - This gloss kept my lips feeling nourished all day. I had to re-apply after eating.
Final Grade: 95% - A
Would I repurchase? No, I love the color, but $18 is high for an everyday gloss.