Review: Maybelline x @MakeupShayla City Mini Palette
Maybelline and @MakeupShayla collaborated on a mini palette that has enough shades to do a daring nighttime look or a daytime work appropriate look. The palette features six shades: three shimmers and three mattes.
- light beige - matte
- rich warm brown - matte
- deep brownish gray - matte
- bright plum - shimmer
- bronzed copper - shimmer
- golden sand - shimmer
- Packaging 3/5 - It's your typical, drugstore palette packaging. Feels flimsy, but I haven't had a hard time opening it and it hasn't cracked
- Ease of Use 3/5 - Pigmentation is such a buzz word when it comes to shadows, so I don't want to just throw it around. While these are packed with pigment, it's not even all the way across once applied. You want to use a light application and build the color up to have more control over the depositing of the shadow.
- Performance 5/5 - There are a ton of beautiful color combinations you can do with this palette. From day to night and it's the perfect sized palette to bring on vacation.
- Longevity 5/5 - I loved that the shadows didn't just wear off my face like drugstore shadows normally do after a few hours. I did apply a primer and set it with a setting spray.
Final Grade: 80% B
Would I purchase again? I would purchase the product again, but I would try another mix of colors.